The city of Bhusawal is also a municipal council in the Jalgaon district of the Indian state of Maharashtra. Situated near River Tapi, Bhusawal is the second largest town in the district. The city lies very near to the great and famous Ajanta Caves. Major industrial facilities at Bhusawal include the Bhusawal Thermal Power Station, two Ordnance Factories, Orient Cement Grinding Unit, a depot of Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Electricity Locomotive Workshop, etc. Bhusawal is known for its cultivation of bananas. Traders buy raw bananas from Bhusawal and export them across the world. This city is also known for the production of its special white brinjals that are grown locally. Bhusawal Junction railway station is a divisional headquarters of Central Railway and has good rail services. The population of this city is within a lakh and the residents mostly speak in Marathi.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.