Aurangabad is a historically and culturally important city in the state of Maharashtra. It houses one of the Worlds Heritage Sites, Ajanta and Ellora Caves, which makes the tourists swarm in to this city at any time of the year. Aurangabad has various cultural lineage linked to it. It was found in 1610 by Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb and the city was named after him. Lately, the city is heading towards a rapid industrial growth but the most exciting thing about the city is that its culture, heritage and traditions still remain intact. Beautifully situated near the elevated Deccan Plateau, it has beautiful locations to explore and a mix of cultural heritage to offer to its visitors. The city was found by Aurangzeb in 1610 but it wasnt as relevant in the medieval period. The city gained importance in the entire country after it was turned into the capital of the entire Mughal Empire from 1653 to 1707. After the death of Aurangzeb, the glory of the city was faded. Aurangabad has facsinating monuments like Bibi-qa-Maqbara, Taj Mahal Replica and the famous Buddhist caves.
The Federal Bank Limited or the Travancore Federal Bank Limited was incorporated on 28th April 1931 with an authorized capital of Rs.5000/- at Nedumpuram, a place near Tiruvalla in Central Travancore under the Travancore Companys Act. It started the business of auction and other banking transactions, connected with agriculture and industry. Shri K P Hormis and his close relatives or friends obtained a controlling interest in the Bank in 1944. On 26th January 1946, the Bank opened its second branch at Angamally. The Bank was licensed under Section 22 of the Banking Companies Act, 1949 on 11th July 1959. In 1970, the Bank got the license of a Scheduled Commercial Bank, which also coincided with the Silver Jubilee Year. In 1972, It witnessed expansion beyond the home state, and the Bank became an Authorised Dealer in Foreign Exchange in 1972. International Banking Department started functioning from Mumbai in 1973. Since then, the Bank could substantially increase its market share of the NRI business. In 1982, the International Banking Department of the bank was later moved to Cochin for centralization of activities. The Bank opened 53 branches during the year 1975 and 42 offices 1976. The total number of offices reached 276 from 114 in 1973. Commenced Merchant Banking Operations in 1989.