Karaikudi is situated in the Sivaganga district of Tamil Nadu. It is a greater municipality and the states 20th largest urban agglomeration. It is part of the Chettinad area and has been declared a heritage town by the State Government of Tamil Nadu. Karaikudi is known for its palatial houses that are built with limestone called Karai Veedu. Karaikudi has derived its name from the thorny plant called Karai. It has been referred to in the ancient literature as Kareekudi. The name gradually got modified and modernized into Karaikudi. It was established in the 19th century. The oldest known structure in the area is the Koppudaiya Nayagi Amman Temple. The town of Karaikudi is home to the Nagarathars and the Chettiars who form the business community, the financiers and the trade facilitators. Karaikudi is a rapidly developing urban center. UNESCO has proposed to set up a Chettinad Heritage Museum in the area, recognizing the unique architectural style of the region. Karaikudi is known for its palm leaf baskets woven by the women, known as Chettinad Kottan. Chettinadu Kandangi sarees of Karaikudi are widely popular in the region. The handicraft industry in Karaikudi is indeed a thriving business. Karaikudi is also known for its delectable cuisine. There are many prominent temples in the area that attract tourists. Kundrakudi Shanmuganathan Temple, Ariyakudi Thiruvengamudayan Temple, Pillayarpatti Karpagavinayagar temple, Thirumayam Permual Temple, Kannadasan Mandapam, Kamban Manimandapam, Chettinad Raja Palace and Thousand windows house are the visitor attractions in Karaikudi
In 1870, the Deutsche Bank was founded in Berlin by Georg Siemens, Adelbert Delbruck, and L.Bamberger. The primary objective of the company is to facilitate trade relations between Germany and other markets, European or overseas. In 1929, the bank associated with other local banks to form Deutsche Bank und DiscontoGesellschaft, the biggest ever merger in the history of German banking. The one reason for the merger was increasing costs. In the 1920s, another trend was towards concentration throughout the industry. The alliance striked at the right time to help counteract the banking crisis. The company name changed back to Deutsche Bank in 1937. After Adolf Hitler came to power, instituting the Third Reich, three Jewish board members were dismissed by the bank in 1933. During the war, Deutsche Bank included other banks which came in hands of Germans while working in Eastern Europe. Banking facilities for the Gestapo were offered by the Deutsche Bank along with the loans credited to build the Auschwitz camp. In the financial year 2008, the Deutsche Bank reported its first annual loss in fifty years inspite of receiving billions of dollars from its insurance arrangements with AIG. The co-CEOs, Jrgen Fitschen, and Anshu Jain, both offered their resignations to the banks supervisory board, which were accepted in 2015 but until January 2016, Jain provided consultancy to the bank. The Fitschen continued as joint CEO until May 2016.On July 2016, the appointment of John Cryan as joint CEO was announced and at the end of Fitschens term, he became the sole CEO .