Khandwa is a city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is a Nagar Nigam in the Nimar region of the state. It also functions as the administrative headquarter of the Khandwa District. An ancient city, Khandwa has many places of worship for Hindus and Jains. The city used to be a center of Jainism during the 12th century. During the British era, Khandwa became the main commercial center of the Nimar region. Khandwa is known for the cultivation of local crops such as cotton, wheat and soybean along with an assortment of seasonal vegetables and fruits. The city grows a special variety of wheat known as Khandwa2, which is famous all over the country for its aroma, color and quality. A hydropower project by the name of Indira Sagar Pariyojna is located in the vicinity of Khandwa. A few other industries in the region include Nepa paper mills, Mansingka oil mills and Nimar textiles. The four Kunds, namely Padam Kund, Suraj Kund, Bheem Kund and Rameshwar Kund, located in four corners of the city, adds to the fame of the city. The famous tourist places in Khandwa are Dada Darbar Khandwa, Turja Bhavani Temple and Nagchun Talab. Hanumantiya Island at Khandwa is a an adventurous place for water sports in the backwaters of Indira Sagar Dam.
the State Bank of Travancore (SBT) was a premier Indian bank based in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The SBT was a sister concern of the State Bank Group, but it also had private shareholders. SBT was the leading bank of Kerala. It had a network of 1,157 branches and 1,602 ATMs across India, as of 31 March 2015. The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of combining SBT and four other associate banks with SBI, on 15 February 2017. On 31 March 2017, It finally merged with its parent SBI bank. It was founded on 12 September 1945 as the Travancore Bank Ltd, an initiative by Travancore Diwan C. P. Ramaswami Iyer. Due to widespread resentment against his dictatorial rule, the bank never gave him the credit of his role. Instead, Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma, the Maharaja of Travancore was considered as the founder of the bank, though the king had little to do with the founding of the SBT bank. Although the contribution of the Travancore government was 25% only in the bank capital, apart from its general banking business, the bank undertook government treasury work and foreign exchange business. Its head office was located at Thiruvananthapuram. It became a subordinate of State Bank of India under the SBI Subsidiary Banks Act, 1959, in 1960, enacted by the Parliament of India, and thus achieved the name state Bank of Travancore.Ms. Arundhatti Bhattacharya is the ex-officio chairman, and Mr. CR Sasikumar is the managing director of the SBT.