The city of Kadapa was earlier known as Cuddapah. Situated in the Rayalaseema region of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh, Kadapa is often referred to as the "Heart of Rayalaseema." Located near the Pedda River, Kadapa functions as the district headquarters of Kadapa district. The Nallamala and Palkonda Hills surround the city. Kadapa is known for its black and red ferrous soils. The city has been ruled by various dynasties such as the Nizams, the Cholas, the Vijayanagara Empire and even the Kingdom of Mysore. Kadapa is also known for its delectable cuisine belonging to the Rayalaseema food culture. The economy of Kadapa is largely fuelled by agriculture and mining. The residents of this region are mostly employed in Government jobs and Private sector jobs. Quite a few residents are involved in businesses and the hospitality industry. The area is known for its educational institutions such as Hyderabad Public School, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, KSRM College of Engineering, Yogi Vemana University, etc. The city is well connected to all nearby cities through roads and railways. It also houses an airport,
the State Bank of Travancore (SBT) was a premier Indian bank based in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The SBT was a sister concern of the State Bank Group, but it also had private shareholders. SBT was the leading bank of Kerala. It had a network of 1,157 branches and 1,602 ATMs across India, as of 31 March 2015. The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of combining SBT and four other associate banks with SBI, on 15 February 2017. On 31 March 2017, It finally merged with its parent SBI bank. It was founded on 12 September 1945 as the Travancore Bank Ltd, an initiative by Travancore Diwan C. P. Ramaswami Iyer. Due to widespread resentment against his dictatorial rule, the bank never gave him the credit of his role. Instead, Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma, the Maharaja of Travancore was considered as the founder of the bank, though the king had little to do with the founding of the SBT bank. Although the contribution of the Travancore government was 25% only in the bank capital, apart from its general banking business, the bank undertook government treasury work and foreign exchange business. Its head office was located at Thiruvananthapuram. It became a subordinate of State Bank of India under the SBI Subsidiary Banks Act, 1959, in 1960, enacted by the Parliament of India, and thus achieved the name state Bank of Travancore.Ms. Arundhatti Bhattacharya is the ex-officio chairman, and Mr. CR Sasikumar is the managing director of the SBT.