Guntakal is situated in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. The headquarter of the Anantapur revenue division and the Guntakal mandal is situated in this city. The city houses around 2 lakh residents who mainly speak in Telugu and Kannada. Situated in the south-western part of Andhra Pradesh, Guntakal is very close to the state border and is only 50 kilometers away from Bellary in Karnataka. Guntakal Railway Division of South Central Railway is one of the most profitable divisions in Indian Railways and it houses a railway diesel shed. Lord Anjaneya Swamy Temple, which is locally referred to as Nettikanti Anjaneya Swamy Temple, is situated near Guntakal and attracts devotees from across Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and several other parts of South India every day. Guntakal also has a relic of the Jain religion. Jambudweepachakra in the vicinity of the town is known to have been sculpted by Jain priests. The is a tomb of a Sufi saint named Mastan Vali is situated near Guntakal which attracts devotees across all religions and castes. Our Lady of Health Church at Guntakal is an architectural wonder.
the State Bank of Travancore (SBT) was a premier Indian bank based in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The SBT was a sister concern of the State Bank Group, but it also had private shareholders. SBT was the leading bank of Kerala. It had a network of 1,157 branches and 1,602 ATMs across India, as of 31 March 2015. The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of combining SBT and four other associate banks with SBI, on 15 February 2017. On 31 March 2017, It finally merged with its parent SBI bank. It was founded on 12 September 1945 as the Travancore Bank Ltd, an initiative by Travancore Diwan C. P. Ramaswami Iyer. Due to widespread resentment against his dictatorial rule, the bank never gave him the credit of his role. Instead, Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma, the Maharaja of Travancore was considered as the founder of the bank, though the king had little to do with the founding of the SBT bank. Although the contribution of the Travancore government was 25% only in the bank capital, apart from its general banking business, the bank undertook government treasury work and foreign exchange business. Its head office was located at Thiruvananthapuram. It became a subordinate of State Bank of India under the SBI Subsidiary Banks Act, 1959, in 1960, enacted by the Parliament of India, and thus achieved the name state Bank of Travancore.Ms. Arundhatti Bhattacharya is the ex-officio chairman, and Mr. CR Sasikumar is the managing director of the SBT.