Adoni is located in the Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh. The municipality of Adoni also functions as the headquarter of the Adoni Mandal and the Adoni Revenue Division. Adoni has a population of more than 1.5 lakh residents, who speak in Telugu. Adoni was a fort town of the famous Vijayanagara Empire during the 15th to 16th centuries. After the decline of this glorious empire, Adoni went into the hands of Ali Adil Shah I of the Bijapur Sultanate. The Mohammedan rulers soon captured the area within a few years. The area was tossed to the hands of the Nizams and the Marathas and finally went to the British. In the late 19th century, Adoni faced a severe El Nino famine which claimed nearly one-third of its population. Adoni became a part of Andhra Pradesh in 1953. Adoni is a huge producer of cotton. The city has a thriving ginning and textile industry. Groundnut oil is another major production of Adoni. This city is also an important trading center in the state, with a large market situated in the center of the town. Adoni is often referred to as the second "Bombay" of India for its businesses and also for its cotton exports.
the State Bank of Travancore (SBT) was a premier Indian bank based in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The SBT was a sister concern of the State Bank Group, but it also had private shareholders. SBT was the leading bank of Kerala. It had a network of 1,157 branches and 1,602 ATMs across India, as of 31 March 2015. The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of combining SBT and four other associate banks with SBI, on 15 February 2017. On 31 March 2017, It finally merged with its parent SBI bank. It was founded on 12 September 1945 as the Travancore Bank Ltd, an initiative by Travancore Diwan C. P. Ramaswami Iyer. Due to widespread resentment against his dictatorial rule, the bank never gave him the credit of his role. Instead, Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma, the Maharaja of Travancore was considered as the founder of the bank, though the king had little to do with the founding of the SBT bank. Although the contribution of the Travancore government was 25% only in the bank capital, apart from its general banking business, the bank undertook government treasury work and foreign exchange business. Its head office was located at Thiruvananthapuram. It became a subordinate of State Bank of India under the SBI Subsidiary Banks Act, 1959, in 1960, enacted by the Parliament of India, and thus achieved the name state Bank of Travancore.Ms. Arundhatti Bhattacharya is the ex-officio chairman, and Mr. CR Sasikumar is the managing director of the SBT.