The city of Alwar in the Indian state of Rajasthan is located within Indias National Capital Region. It functions as the administrative headquarters of the eponymous district in Rajasthan. It was formerly known as Ulwar. The city is a hub of tourism as it has several forts, lakes, heritage havelis as well as nature reserves in and around the city. Alwar houses Rajasthans very first private engineering college called the Institute of Engineering and Technology. The city is fairly rich in minerals. Traces of marble, granite, feldspar, dolomite, quartz, limestone, soapstone, barites, copper clay, copper ore and pyrophyllite are found in and around the city. Tourism fuels the economy of Alwar as the city is home to exotic locations of tourist interest. The Bhangarh Fort and the Sariska Tiger Reserve are major tourist attractions. Fairy Queen, Bala Qila, City Palace, Moosi Maharani ki Chhatri, Ashokas Buddhist stupa, Hill Fort Kesroli, etc are other dynamic places that attract tourists to Alwar.
The Shamrao Vithal Co-op. Bank Ltd. or SVC Cooperative Bank Limited, is a banking company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 a scheduled bank, and one of the oldest Urban Co-operative Bank in India built in 1906. The bank was set up when co-operation was just started in the country. It was established with the primary aim of helping the less fortunate members of the community under the ambit of its economic enterprises. It was also to encourage savings and to create funds for providing financial aid to deserving members.Mr. Rao Bahadur Shripad Subbarao Talmaki was the chief architect of the Bank. The Bank was initially registered as a Co-operative Credit Society on 27 December 1906. The Bank is present in 10 States of India. Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Haryana, Goa, Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh. In 1907, cumulative deposit scheme, fixed deposit scheme and saving bank deposit were introduced by the bank. After that in 1911, the facilities for remittance were made available to the members by the draft. In 1913, the cash credit scheme was introduced by the bank. In 1956, facilities were thrown open to all communities. In 1988, the Shamrao Vithal bank was conferred the scheduled bank status.