Tadepalligudem, also known as TPG, is located in West Godavari in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It has a municipality and the headquarters of Tadepalligudem is situated in the Elluru division. The demographics of the city is fascinating with the sex-ratio at 1022 females per 1000 males. The population constitutes of 51,378 males and 52,528 females and the total population adds up to 103,906. One of the striking features of this city is the high literacy rate, 83.10% much higher than the national literacy rate of 73%. It is not surprising that the city has a large number of schools and colleges. The towns and cities surrounding Tadepalligudem include Bhimadalu, Dabacherla, Madhavaram etc. The historical significance of Tadepalligudem in World War 2 cannot be overstated. It was a military base for the East India Company and the Britishers constructed an airport in the city for sending military off to the War. However, the airport has not been modified for commercial use, once it is renovated suited for commercial purposes, the trade and commerce in the city can also improve. Tadepalligudem is famous for its jaggery market and rice cultivation. While Maharashtra has the tag of the largest producer of jaggery, Tadipalligudam is considered as the chief producer of jaggery. Tadepalligudem has the largest rice mill in the entire district. Along with rice mills, food, fat and fertilizer industries are also moderately successful in this region. Transportation is a big industry in this town, with more than 6000 transport vehicles, the transport industry of Tadepalligudem is comparable to the coastal capital of Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada.
On 19th February 1943, the OBC was started in Lahore, Pakistan by Late Rai Bahadur Lala Sohan Lal, the founding father of Oriental Bank of Commerce. The bank had to face the after-effects of partition in 1947. The branches in the newly formed Pakistan had shut, and the Registered Office had shifted from Lahore to Amritsar. The registered office was relocated to Delhi, in the year 1951. In 1980, it was nationalized by the Indian government. The merchant banking division of the bank was set up in 1992, and it was authorized by SEBI to act as a category-I merchant banker. In the year 1997, Punjab Co-operative Bank Ltd and Bari Doab Bank Ltd were merged with the OBC bank. The bank had joined hands with Citibank for launching OBC co-branded credit card. In the year 1999, OBC had set up asset recovery branch, one each at Delhi and Mumbai. For women entrepreneurs in the year 2002, the Bank had opened a specialized office and collaborated with Corporation Bank for sharing ATM network. In the year 2003, CBS, OBC had joined hands with Infosys Technologies Ltd and Wipro Ltd to make Centralised Banking Solution. In the same year, the OBC Bank and Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) had agreed to work on projects in the field of small-scale, infrastructure and service areas. In February 2008, the Oriental Bank Navkiran Deposit Scheme was launched by the bank. Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company entered into a distribution tie-up with OBC in March of the year 2008.