Tadipatri is a town in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. It is also known by the name of Tadpatri. Tadipatri city functions as the headquarter of the Tadipatri Mandal in the Anantapur revenue division. The Tadipatri municipality is a first-grade municipality which was constituted in the year 1920. It is divided into 34 wards for effective administration. The city is located at the border of Kadapa and Kurnool district. The ancient and world-famous Chintala Venkataramana Temple which sprawls over a five-acre area is located in Tadipatri. The Penna river flows through the city. The Bugga Ramalingeswara Temple, located within one kilometer from Tadipatri, is known for its Shiva Lingam which seated on a pedestal that is filled with water at all times from a small spring. These temples bring a lot of devotees and tourists to Tadipatri from the neighboring areas. Tadipatri has cement grade limestone deposits. These limestone reserves largely contribute the economy of the city. Tadipatri has a treasure-house of beautiful ancient sculptures from the Vijayanagara empire.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.