Chinsurah is a town on the banks of the Hooghly river in the Hooghly district of the Indian state of West Bengal. It is often known by the name Hooghly-Chinsura or Chuchura. The town functions as the administrative headquarters of the Hooghly district. Chinsurah was a Dutch settlement prior to the Indian independence. Chinsurah was used as a base for trade in various commodities such as saltpeter, spices, cotton and indigo. The town of Chinsurah has nearly 3 lakh residents and Bengali is the most commonly used language. The town is connected to the nearby cities of Kolkata and Bardhaman through railway as it is situated on the Howrah-Bardhaman main line. The Grand Trunk Road or the G.T.Road passes through the town. Ferry services on River Hooghly connects Chinsurah to Naihati in the district of North 24 Parganas. Most of the residents of this town travel to the metro city of Kolkata for work. The District Court building at Chinsurah is known to be the longest building in the state. Chinsurah also has the oldest Armenian church in India. The Hooghly Imambara, the Edwardian clock tower called Ghorir More, the temple of Mahishmardini, the temple of Shandeshwar and the Bandel Church nearby are places worth visiting in Chinsurah. There are some famous educational institutions in Chinsurah - the Hooghly Mohsin college, Collegiate school, Don Bosco and Auxilium Convent are seats of profound education in this town.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.