Gwalior is a city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is also the largest city in the state. It is rapidly developing into a smart city. The city is the administrative headquarter of the Gwalior District, divided into 60 wards for administrative purposes. One of the main concerns of this city is its pollution levels as it has the highest levels of air pollution among all Indian cities. The economy of Gwalior is boosted by trade, market hubs and agriculture. Wheat, jowar, paddy, and pulses are the chief crops cultivated in the area. There are many sandstone quarries in and around the city. Three major industrial areas in the vicinity of the city add to the citys economic growth. The industrial belts at Sitholi, Banmore and Malanpur mainly focus on dairy, chemical and textiles. The city is known for educational institutes like the Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management and the ITM University. Gwalior serves as the tourism capital of Madhya Pradesh. The dramatic and dominant Gwalior Fort located atop a hill is the main attraction of this city. People from all over the country visit Gwalior to explore this beautiful fort as well as for other attractions like the Scindia museum, Saas-bahu temple, Gwalior temple, Jaivilas Mahal, Man Singh Palace, Madhav national park, Jain Rock Sculptures, etc. Gwalior is famous for its old marketplaces. The Maharaj Bada, Ghas Mandi, Loha Mandi and Hazira are centuries old marketplaces with ancient buildings displaying different styles of architecture that still remain in the city, contrasting the modern shopping malls that have recently come up.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.