Bhubaneswar is the capital of the eastern Indian state of Odisha. The city is located in the Khordha district of Odisha, and it is the largest city in the state. It lies on the eastern coastal plains near the Eastern Ghats. The topography of the city is split into the western uplands and the eastern lowlands. There are hillocks in the northern and the western parts of Bhubaneswar. The city falls under the jurisdiction of the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation area. There are 173 revenue villages and two other municipalities within this boundary. The city is shaped like a dumbbell. The city can be distinctly categorized into the old town and the new planned city. The old town is primarily characterized by temples and hence often referred to as the Temple town by the locals. Some of the famous temples here include the Lingaraj Temple, the Rajarani Temple and the Kukteshwara Temple. The newer planned city was conceptualized and designed in 1948 to house the state capital. It is a modern city with schools, colleges, universities, shopping centers, hospitals and recreational facilities. This fast-growing city is an important trading and commercial center in Odisha as well as in eastern India. Its a great place for business and is rapidly transitioning into an IT hub. Tourism considerably contributes to the economy of the city as it is very near to the coveted sea-side destination as well as a pilgrimage - Puri. Other popular places of tourist attraction near Bhubaneswar is the Konark Sun Temple, Dhauligiri, Nandan Kanan Zoo, etc.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.