Amaravati is the defacto or Peoples capital of Andhra Pradesh with a vision of increasing the overall prominence of the state, especially after the split from Telangana State. The authority entrusted with the development of Amaravati into one of the prominent capital state in the entire country is the Capital Region Development Authority (CRDA). The CRDA is responsible for bringing cutting-edge technology and high-end infrastructure to the city. A striking feature of the city is the Land Pooling Scheme adopted by the government. The Land Pooling Scheme is one of the most successful techniques for achieving development in infrastructure and better technological advancements. The Bricks Initiative started by the Government of Andhra Pradesh is an initiative to indulge common people of Andhra in the development process of the state. The city of Amaravati is built on the banks of the Krishna River and it is geographically located in the Guntur District. The city of Amaravati gets its name from the Amaravathi Kings who ruled ancient Amaravati 2200 years ago. Multiple empires have ruled Amaravati in the medieval period, the Mauryas, the Delhi Sultanate, the Telugu Cholas, Kakatiyas, the Empire of Golconda to name a few. France claimed it in the year 1750 and captured by England in 1759. The residents of Amaravati are predominantly Telugus with a minority of Hindi and Kannada speaking population spread across the city.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.