Adoni is located in the Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh. The municipality of Adoni also functions as the headquarter of the Adoni Mandal and the Adoni Revenue Division. Adoni has a population of more than 1.5 lakh residents, who speak in Telugu. Adoni was a fort town of the famous Vijayanagara Empire during the 15th to 16th centuries. After the decline of this glorious empire, Adoni went into the hands of Ali Adil Shah I of the Bijapur Sultanate. The Mohammedan rulers soon captured the area within a few years. The area was tossed to the hands of the Nizams and the Marathas and finally went to the British. In the late 19th century, Adoni faced a severe El Nino famine which claimed nearly one-third of its population. Adoni became a part of Andhra Pradesh in 1953. Adoni is a huge producer of cotton. The city has a thriving ginning and textile industry. Groundnut oil is another major production of Adoni. This city is also an important trading center in the state, with a large market situated in the center of the town. Adoni is often referred to as the second "Bombay" of India for its businesses and also for its cotton exports.
The J&K Bank is a private sector banking and financial services company based in Srinagar, Jammu, and Kashmir. J&K Bank established on October 1, 1938, was the first bank in the country to emerge as a state-owned bank. On 1 October 1938, the Jammu and Kashmir Bank was founded by Maharaja Hari Singh (the Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir). The eminent investors were invited by the Maharaja to become the founding directors and shareholders of the bank. The most notable investors were Abdul Aziz Mantoo, Pesten jee, Pandit Sriniwas Magotra, and the Bhagat Family, all of whom acquired a significant holding in bank shares. On 4 July 1939, the bank commenced the operations, and it was declared as the first semi-state-owned bank of with participation in capital by State and the public under the control of State Government. The bank had achieved the status of a scheduled bank In the year 1971 and was recognized as an "A" Class bank by the Reserve Bank of India in 1976. The bank had to face severe difficulties during independence time as out of its ten branches two branches of Muzaffarabad, Rawalakot, and Mirpur fell to the other side of the line of control (now Pakistan administered Kashmir) along with cash and other assets. As per the regulations of Indian Companies Act 1956, the bank was declared as a government company following the extension of Central laws to the state of Jammu & Kashmir.