Tadepalligudem, also known as TPG, is located in West Godavari in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It has a municipality and the headquarters of Tadepalligudem is situated in the Elluru division. The demographics of the city is fascinating with the sex-ratio at 1022 females per 1000 males. The population constitutes of 51,378 males and 52,528 females and the total population adds up to 103,906. One of the striking features of this city is the high literacy rate, 83.10% much higher than the national literacy rate of 73%. It is not surprising that the city has a large number of schools and colleges. The towns and cities surrounding Tadepalligudem include Bhimadalu, Dabacherla, Madhavaram etc. The historical significance of Tadepalligudem in World War 2 cannot be overstated. It was a military base for the East India Company and the Britishers constructed an airport in the city for sending military off to the War. However, the airport has not been modified for commercial use, once it is renovated suited for commercial purposes, the trade and commerce in the city can also improve. Tadepalligudem is famous for its jaggery market and rice cultivation. While Maharashtra has the tag of the largest producer of jaggery, Tadipalligudam is considered as the chief producer of jaggery. Tadepalligudem has the largest rice mill in the entire district. Along with rice mills, food, fat and fertilizer industries are also moderately successful in this region. Transportation is a big industry in this town, with more than 6000 transport vehicles, the transport industry of Tadepalligudem is comparable to the coastal capital of Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada.
The Indian Bank is one of the top performing public sector banks incorporated in 1907 and based in Chennai, India. It has 20,924 employees and 2836 branches. As on 2018, the total business of the Indian bank is around Rs.3.64 lakh Crores . The Information Systems & Security processes of the bank are certified with ISO27001:2013 standard. Outside India, it has branches in Colombo and Singapore along with a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo and Jaffna. "Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd" and "IndBank Housing Ltd" are the two sister concerns of the Indian Bank. The Government of India has owned the bank since 1969. The Madras lawyer, V. Krishnaswamy Iyer founded the Indian bank in 1906. In 1932, a branch in Colombo was opened by the Indian bank. In 1935, A second branch was opened at Jaffna in Ceylon, but it was shut in 1939. In late 1940, the next office was opened in Rangoon, Burma. In late 1941, more branches were opened in Ipoh, Penang, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. The difficulties of war forced IB to shut its offices in Singapore and Malayan. In 1947 after the war, the Indian bank reopened its branch in Colombo. In 1962, some branches of Indian Bank were also opened in Burma, Malayan, and Singapore. In 1963, the Burmese government nationalized all foreign banks, including Indian Banks branch.