surendranagar Dudhrej is situated in the Surendranagar district of Gujarat. During the colonial era, Surendranagar was used as a hill station for medication and treatment. Its dry environment was beneficial for various ailments. The dry air of Surendranagar is still believed to be the apt place in Gujarat to bring relief to patients of tuberculosis. Surendranagar has many SMEs including confectioneries, ceramics, pharmaceuticals, engineering plastics and salt production. Nearly 25% of Indias salt supply comes from Surendranagar. The Wadhwan city near Surendranagar functions as a major hub for trade and processing of cotton, agricultural products, salt, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, plastics, textile bearings, ceramics and sanitary ware. Surendranagar is also a hub of cotton and ginning activities. Numerous ginning and pressing units can be found in the area. It is a large producer of premium quality shankar cotton in the world. The Surendranagar Cotton Oil and Oilseeds Association Ltd. is famous for trade and exchange. It is Indias first Cotton Future Trading Exchange and was established in 1964. Home to a big textile and clothing market, Surendranagar specializes in saris. Vadwala Mandir of the Rabari community is situated in Surendranagar and attracts many visitors of the community on important days of rituals and ceremonies.
The Indian Bank is one of the top performing public sector banks incorporated in 1907 and based in Chennai, India. It has 20,924 employees and 2836 branches. As on 2018, the total business of the Indian bank is around Rs.3.64 lakh Crores . The Information Systems & Security processes of the bank are certified with ISO27001:2013 standard. Outside India, it has branches in Colombo and Singapore along with a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo and Jaffna. "Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd" and "IndBank Housing Ltd" are the two sister concerns of the Indian Bank. The Government of India has owned the bank since 1969. The Madras lawyer, V. Krishnaswamy Iyer founded the Indian bank in 1906. In 1932, a branch in Colombo was opened by the Indian bank. In 1935, A second branch was opened at Jaffna in Ceylon, but it was shut in 1939. In late 1940, the next office was opened in Rangoon, Burma. In late 1941, more branches were opened in Ipoh, Penang, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. The difficulties of war forced IB to shut its offices in Singapore and Malayan. In 1947 after the war, the Indian bank reopened its branch in Colombo. In 1962, some branches of Indian Bank were also opened in Burma, Malayan, and Singapore. In 1963, the Burmese government nationalized all foreign banks, including Indian Banks branch.