Ramagundam is the most populous city in the Peddapalli district of the Indian state of Telangana. The city obtains its name from the combination of two words - Rama refers to the Hindu God, Lord Rama; Gundam means "water springs." Located on the banks of the Godavari, the city is often called the city of energy. The city hosts around 2.3 lakh residents who mostly speak in Telugu and are employed in the various industrial sectors present in the area. Roads, railway and a local airport ensure a great connectivity to this city. Ramagundam is situated in the Godavari valley coalfields. It has one of Indias largest thermal power stations owned by NTPC. Some of the industries that have flourished in the area are Fertilizer Corporation of India, Kesoram Cement, National Fertilizers Limited, TSGENCO thermal power station, Engineers India Limited, Kesoram (Birla) cement factories, etc. The NTPC plan at Ramagundam is undergoing dynamic upgrades which would help in earning carbon credits against the use of solar power as a renewable energy source. Additionally, an irrigation project called Sripada Yellampalli project, and the very first Solar Power Plant are being set up at Ramagundam
The Indian Bank is one of the top performing public sector banks incorporated in 1907 and based in Chennai, India. It has 20,924 employees and 2836 branches. As on 2018, the total business of the Indian bank is around Rs.3.64 lakh Crores . The Information Systems & Security processes of the bank are certified with ISO27001:2013 standard. Outside India, it has branches in Colombo and Singapore along with a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo and Jaffna. "Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd" and "IndBank Housing Ltd" are the two sister concerns of the Indian Bank. The Government of India has owned the bank since 1969. The Madras lawyer, V. Krishnaswamy Iyer founded the Indian bank in 1906. In 1932, a branch in Colombo was opened by the Indian bank. In 1935, A second branch was opened at Jaffna in Ceylon, but it was shut in 1939. In late 1940, the next office was opened in Rangoon, Burma. In late 1941, more branches were opened in Ipoh, Penang, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. The difficulties of war forced IB to shut its offices in Singapore and Malayan. In 1947 after the war, the Indian bank reopened its branch in Colombo. In 1962, some branches of Indian Bank were also opened in Burma, Malayan, and Singapore. In 1963, the Burmese government nationalized all foreign banks, including Indian Banks branch.