The city of Nandyal is situated in the Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh. It functions as a municipality as well as the headquarter of the Nandyal Mandal in the Nandyal revenue division. There are over 2 lakh residents in this city and they speak in Telugu. The City was earlier known as Nandalluru. It receives its name from Nandi, the vehicle or "vahana" of Lord Shiva. The word Aalaya means house or abode in Sanskrit. The city of Nandyal is surrounded by nine Nandis. Hence, it was named as Nandi Aalaya. Over the time, the name got modified to Nandyala or Nandyal, which is the present name of the city. Nandyal is surrounded by nine temples of Nandi, the bull. These bull temples are collectively known as the Nava Nandi. The largest Nandi idol in the city is in Sri Yaganti Uma Maheswara Temple. The Archaeological Survey of India claims that the rock grows at a rate of 1 inch in 20 years. Nandyal is a major hub of industries as well as agriculture. The city is rich in natural resources like marble. Additionally, there are numerous rice mills and oil mills in the area apart from a few industries that produce milk, soft drinks, sugar, PVC pipes, etc. A few famous companies like Milk Dairy, Nandi Polymers, S. P. Y. Agro and Nandi Steels have set up their units in the city.
The Indian Bank is one of the top performing public sector banks incorporated in 1907 and based in Chennai, India. It has 20,924 employees and 2836 branches. As on 2018, the total business of the Indian bank is around Rs.3.64 lakh Crores . The Information Systems & Security processes of the bank are certified with ISO27001:2013 standard. Outside India, it has branches in Colombo and Singapore along with a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo and Jaffna. "Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd" and "IndBank Housing Ltd" are the two sister concerns of the Indian Bank. The Government of India has owned the bank since 1969. The Madras lawyer, V. Krishnaswamy Iyer founded the Indian bank in 1906. In 1932, a branch in Colombo was opened by the Indian bank. In 1935, A second branch was opened at Jaffna in Ceylon, but it was shut in 1939. In late 1940, the next office was opened in Rangoon, Burma. In late 1941, more branches were opened in Ipoh, Penang, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. The difficulties of war forced IB to shut its offices in Singapore and Malayan. In 1947 after the war, the Indian bank reopened its branch in Colombo. In 1962, some branches of Indian Bank were also opened in Burma, Malayan, and Singapore. In 1963, the Burmese government nationalized all foreign banks, including Indian Banks branch.