Madhyamgram is situated in the Barasat Sadar subdivision of the North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is a suburb of Kolkata, located around 20 kilometers away from the capital city. Madhyamgram was feudal provinces of Bengal under the Ruler of Jessore during the Mughal era. It got passed on to the British East India Company after the Battle of Plassey in 1757. The Labanyabati river would earlier flow through the area and support the agriculture and trade. Paddy was grown in Madhyamgram and exported via river navigation. The place was also known for its fine embroidery work done by the Muslim inhabitants and traded to rich buyers in Delhi and Mumbai. However, the wide channel of the Labanyabati river endured years of silt deposition and turned into a canal. Its name, through the colloquial transformation, got renamed to Noai. It is now a tiny stream and people call it the Noai Canal. There are many textile mills and rubber factories in Madhyamgram which boosts the economy of the city. There are nearly two lakh residents in Madhyamgram and they speak in Bengali. The town has two graduate colleges- Acharya Prafulla Chandra College and Vivekananda College. Most of its residents travel to nearby cities or the metro city of Kolkata for work or education. The city is very well connected to nearby areas via railway and roads.
The Indian Bank is one of the top performing public sector banks incorporated in 1907 and based in Chennai, India. It has 20,924 employees and 2836 branches. As on 2018, the total business of the Indian bank is around Rs.3.64 lakh Crores . The Information Systems & Security processes of the bank are certified with ISO27001:2013 standard. Outside India, it has branches in Colombo and Singapore along with a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo and Jaffna. "Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd" and "IndBank Housing Ltd" are the two sister concerns of the Indian Bank. The Government of India has owned the bank since 1969. The Madras lawyer, V. Krishnaswamy Iyer founded the Indian bank in 1906. In 1932, a branch in Colombo was opened by the Indian bank. In 1935, A second branch was opened at Jaffna in Ceylon, but it was shut in 1939. In late 1940, the next office was opened in Rangoon, Burma. In late 1941, more branches were opened in Ipoh, Penang, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. The difficulties of war forced IB to shut its offices in Singapore and Malayan. In 1947 after the war, the Indian bank reopened its branch in Colombo. In 1962, some branches of Indian Bank were also opened in Burma, Malayan, and Singapore. In 1963, the Burmese government nationalized all foreign banks, including Indian Banks branch.