Gulbarga, also known as by its official name Kalaburagi, is an urban agglomeration situated in the southern Indian state of Karnataka. Standing on the banks the Krishna and Bhima rivers, it is one of the most important cities in the state and also the administrative headquarters of Gulbarga District. The current administration of Gulbarga is carried out by representatives elected to service its 55 wards. The economy of Gulbarga is mainly dependent on agriculture. The place is known for the cultivation of Pigeon Peas and Toor Dal. Recently, upon the state governments initiatives, many industries have been set up in and around the city. Gulbarga has units to manufacture cement, textile, leather and chemicals. Gulbarga is the home to many educational institutions like the Karnataka State University, KBN institute of medical sciences and Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences. Gulbarga is well known as a tourist destination as well. There are many temples and forts in the area. Tourist spots such as the Bahmani fort, the Government Museum, the Holkonda fort, the Ferozabad Fort, the Sharanabasaveshwar Temple, Shri Sadguru Dattatreya Narasimha Saraswati, Shri Kshetra Ganagapur, Sri Hulakantheshwar Temple are frequented by tourists.
The Indian Bank is one of the top performing public sector banks incorporated in 1907 and based in Chennai, India. It has 20,924 employees and 2836 branches. As on 2018, the total business of the Indian bank is around Rs.3.64 lakh Crores . The Information Systems & Security processes of the bank are certified with ISO27001:2013 standard. Outside India, it has branches in Colombo and Singapore along with a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo and Jaffna. "Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd" and "IndBank Housing Ltd" are the two sister concerns of the Indian Bank. The Government of India has owned the bank since 1969. The Madras lawyer, V. Krishnaswamy Iyer founded the Indian bank in 1906. In 1932, a branch in Colombo was opened by the Indian bank. In 1935, A second branch was opened at Jaffna in Ceylon, but it was shut in 1939. In late 1940, the next office was opened in Rangoon, Burma. In late 1941, more branches were opened in Ipoh, Penang, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. The difficulties of war forced IB to shut its offices in Singapore and Malayan. In 1947 after the war, the Indian bank reopened its branch in Colombo. In 1962, some branches of Indian Bank were also opened in Burma, Malayan, and Singapore. In 1963, the Burmese government nationalized all foreign banks, including Indian Banks branch.