Dharmavaram is situated in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. It functions as the divisional headquarter of the Dharmavaram revenue division and the Dharmavaram Mandal. The huge tank at Dharmavaram was built by Kriyasakthi Odeyar, whose mothers name was Dharmamba. The city has got its name there. Dharmavaram is known for cotton and silk weaving industries. The handloom silk sarees of Dharmavaram are popular all over South India. It is often called the silk City of Andhra Pradesh. The economy of the town is driven by the weaving industry. The major crop cultivated in this area is groundnut. Leather puppets are manufactured at Dharmavaram and the city is quite famous for it. Around 1.2 lakh residents live in Dharmavaram, who mostly speak in Telugu. Dharmavaram has adequate government schools to impart primary and secondary school education. It also has a few aided and private schools and colleges. The city has good connectivity in terms of roads and railway.
The Indian Bank is one of the top performing public sector banks incorporated in 1907 and based in Chennai, India. It has 20,924 employees and 2836 branches. As on 2018, the total business of the Indian bank is around Rs.3.64 lakh Crores . The Information Systems & Security processes of the bank are certified with ISO27001:2013 standard. Outside India, it has branches in Colombo and Singapore along with a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo and Jaffna. "Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd" and "IndBank Housing Ltd" are the two sister concerns of the Indian Bank. The Government of India has owned the bank since 1969. The Madras lawyer, V. Krishnaswamy Iyer founded the Indian bank in 1906. In 1932, a branch in Colombo was opened by the Indian bank. In 1935, A second branch was opened at Jaffna in Ceylon, but it was shut in 1939. In late 1940, the next office was opened in Rangoon, Burma. In late 1941, more branches were opened in Ipoh, Penang, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. The difficulties of war forced IB to shut its offices in Singapore and Malayan. In 1947 after the war, the Indian bank reopened its branch in Colombo. In 1962, some branches of Indian Bank were also opened in Burma, Malayan, and Singapore. In 1963, the Burmese government nationalized all foreign banks, including Indian Banks branch.