The city of Chandrapur is situated in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is a municipal corporation in Chandrapur district and serves as the center of governance of the eponymous district. Chandrapur was originally a Fort city that was founded by a Gond king by the name of Khandakya Ballal Sah in the 13th century. Situated at the confluence of Rivers Irai and Zarpat, the area surrounding the city is rich in minerals, especially coal. Therefore, Chandrapur is popularly known as the "black gold city." The city experiences a hot and dry climate. Chandrapur has around 3.8 lakh residents who mostly speak in Marathi. The natives belonging to the Gond tribe use the Gondi language, whereas Telugu is also widely spoken by Telugu settlers in Chandrapur. Most of the residents are fluent in Hindi and many can speak English. Coal mining mainly fuels the economy of this city, backed by other emerging industries such as cement making, paper manufacturing, and ferroalloy manufacturing. The Chandrapur Super Thermal Power Station employs thousands of residents and also supplies more than 25% of Maharashtras electricity. The Tadoba National Tiger Reserve in the vicinity of Chandrapur is a major attraction for tourists and environmentalists.
The Indian Bank is one of the top performing public sector banks incorporated in 1907 and based in Chennai, India. It has 20,924 employees and 2836 branches. As on 2018, the total business of the Indian bank is around Rs.3.64 lakh Crores . The Information Systems & Security processes of the bank are certified with ISO27001:2013 standard. Outside India, it has branches in Colombo and Singapore along with a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo and Jaffna. "Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd" and "IndBank Housing Ltd" are the two sister concerns of the Indian Bank. The Government of India has owned the bank since 1969. The Madras lawyer, V. Krishnaswamy Iyer founded the Indian bank in 1906. In 1932, a branch in Colombo was opened by the Indian bank. In 1935, A second branch was opened at Jaffna in Ceylon, but it was shut in 1939. In late 1940, the next office was opened in Rangoon, Burma. In late 1941, more branches were opened in Ipoh, Penang, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. The difficulties of war forced IB to shut its offices in Singapore and Malayan. In 1947 after the war, the Indian bank reopened its branch in Colombo. In 1962, some branches of Indian Bank were also opened in Burma, Malayan, and Singapore. In 1963, the Burmese government nationalized all foreign banks, including Indian Banks branch.