The Indian city of Burhanpur is a historical city located in the Nimar region of Madhya Pradesh. It functions as the administrative hub of Burhanpur District. It is situated on the bank of River Tapti. Historical excavations have revealed that the Rashtrakuta Dynasty had ruled over the area during 753?982 AD. In 1388, the Faruqi dynasty Sultan Malik Nasir Khan discovered Burhanpur, made it the capital of the Khandesh sultanate and named it after a medieval Sufi saint called Burhan-ud-Din. During the reign of the Faruqi dynasty, the city got transformed into a major center for textile production and trade. The place was later annexed into the Mughal Empire in 1601 by Emperor Akbar. Burhanpur is known for its textile industry as it is the largest center for the power loom industry in Madhya Pradesh. Over 300 companies that deal in interlining cloth and other types of fabric are based in this city. Balaji has its units for manufacturing pipes and agricultural equipment in Burhanpur. Additionally, there are many cotton and oil mills in the city. Burhanpur is also the largest producer of banana in Madhya Pradesh. Burhanpur is well-known for its thriving tourism industry. Apart from the scenic views, the city offers several beautiful spots for tourism such as Asirgarh Fort, Shahi Qila, Dargah-e-Hakimi, Swami Narayan Temple, etc.
The Indian Bank is one of the top performing public sector banks incorporated in 1907 and based in Chennai, India. It has 20,924 employees and 2836 branches. As on 2018, the total business of the Indian bank is around Rs.3.64 lakh Crores . The Information Systems & Security processes of the bank are certified with ISO27001:2013 standard. Outside India, it has branches in Colombo and Singapore along with a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo and Jaffna. "Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd" and "IndBank Housing Ltd" are the two sister concerns of the Indian Bank. The Government of India has owned the bank since 1969. The Madras lawyer, V. Krishnaswamy Iyer founded the Indian bank in 1906. In 1932, a branch in Colombo was opened by the Indian bank. In 1935, A second branch was opened at Jaffna in Ceylon, but it was shut in 1939. In late 1940, the next office was opened in Rangoon, Burma. In late 1941, more branches were opened in Ipoh, Penang, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. The difficulties of war forced IB to shut its offices in Singapore and Malayan. In 1947 after the war, the Indian bank reopened its branch in Colombo. In 1962, some branches of Indian Bank were also opened in Burma, Malayan, and Singapore. In 1963, the Burmese government nationalized all foreign banks, including Indian Banks branch.