Adoni is located in the Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh. The municipality of Adoni also functions as the headquarter of the Adoni Mandal and the Adoni Revenue Division. Adoni has a population of more than 1.5 lakh residents, who speak in Telugu. Adoni was a fort town of the famous Vijayanagara Empire during the 15th to 16th centuries. After the decline of this glorious empire, Adoni went into the hands of Ali Adil Shah I of the Bijapur Sultanate. The Mohammedan rulers soon captured the area within a few years. The area was tossed to the hands of the Nizams and the Marathas and finally went to the British. In the late 19th century, Adoni faced a severe El Nino famine which claimed nearly one-third of its population. Adoni became a part of Andhra Pradesh in 1953. Adoni is a huge producer of cotton. The city has a thriving ginning and textile industry. Groundnut oil is another major production of Adoni. This city is also an important trading center in the state, with a large market situated in the center of the town. Adoni is often referred to as the second "Bombay" of India for its businesses and also for its cotton exports.
The Indian Bank is one of the top performing public sector banks incorporated in 1907 and based in Chennai, India. It has 20,924 employees and 2836 branches. As on 2018, the total business of the Indian bank is around Rs.3.64 lakh Crores . The Information Systems & Security processes of the bank are certified with ISO27001:2013 standard. Outside India, it has branches in Colombo and Singapore along with a Foreign Currency Banking Unit at Colombo and Jaffna. "Indbank Merchant Banking Services Ltd" and "IndBank Housing Ltd" are the two sister concerns of the Indian Bank. The Government of India has owned the bank since 1969. The Madras lawyer, V. Krishnaswamy Iyer founded the Indian bank in 1906. In 1932, a branch in Colombo was opened by the Indian bank. In 1935, A second branch was opened at Jaffna in Ceylon, but it was shut in 1939. In late 1940, the next office was opened in Rangoon, Burma. In late 1941, more branches were opened in Ipoh, Penang, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. The difficulties of war forced IB to shut its offices in Singapore and Malayan. In 1947 after the war, the Indian bank reopened its branch in Colombo. In 1962, some branches of Indian Bank were also opened in Burma, Malayan, and Singapore. In 1963, the Burmese government nationalized all foreign banks, including Indian Banks branch.