Pali is an industrial city in the Indian state of Rajasthan. It is situated in the Marwar region of the state and functions as the administrative headquarters of the Pali District. The city of Pali was formerly known as Pallika and Palli. Located on the bans of the Bandi river, Pali was a trade center since ancient times. Pali is famous for its textile industries. Synthetic and cotton clothes, as well as yarn, is exported to other Indian states at a very cheap rate. Some new industries like Bangles, Marble cutting, marble finishing have recently emerged in the area. The city hosts the Maharaja Shree Umaid Mills which is the biggest cotton mill of Rajasthan and employs 3000 workers. There are three industrial areas in Pali known as the Mandia road industrial area, the Punayata industrial area and the industrial area phase 1& 2. The Mandia road area is the biggest and the oldest industrial area that houses innumerable manufacturing units of several renowned companies, mostly specializing in the textile industry. The Punayata industrial area has recently become a major landmark for Industrialists to set up new businesses. Additionally, several other industries such as leather products, agriculture instruments, chemicals, cement, granite, etc. have been set up in and around the city. Although these industries fuel the economy of Pali, they have also been criticized for causing severe pollution in the area.
the Bank of Maharashtra is a significant public sector bank in India owned by the government of India with 81.61% of the total shares. As of 5 April 2016, The bank had 15 million customers across the country and network of 1897 branches. It has the most extensive network of offices by any public sector bank in the state of Maharashtra. It was founded by V. G. Kale and D. K. Sathe, and on 16 September 1935, registered as a banking company at Pune with an authorized capital of ? 1 million. It began its operations on 8 February 1936. Banks financial assistance to small units has found many of todays industrial houses. In 1938, the second branch of the bank was opened at Fort, Bombay(currently Mumbai). The bank expanded rapidly after nationalization in 1969. Mr. Sushil Muhnot was the former Managing Director and Chairman before Mr. Ravindra Prabhakar Marathe, who is the current MD and CEO of the Bank of Maharashtra. In 1998, the bank had achieved autonomous status after moving into A category from C due to which it has limited interference of Government authority in its decision-making process and internal affairs. In 2004, it was listed in Bombay Stock Exchange and National Stock Exchange of India.