surendranagar Dudhrej is situated in the Surendranagar district of Gujarat. During the colonial era, Surendranagar was used as a hill station for medication and treatment. Its dry environment was beneficial for various ailments. The dry air of Surendranagar is still believed to be the apt place in Gujarat to bring relief to patients of tuberculosis. Surendranagar has many SMEs including confectioneries, ceramics, pharmaceuticals, engineering plastics and salt production. Nearly 25% of Indias salt supply comes from Surendranagar. The Wadhwan city near Surendranagar functions as a major hub for trade and processing of cotton, agricultural products, salt, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, plastics, textile bearings, ceramics and sanitary ware. Surendranagar is also a hub of cotton and ginning activities. Numerous ginning and pressing units can be found in the area. It is a large producer of premium quality shankar cotton in the world. The Surendranagar Cotton Oil and Oilseeds Association Ltd. is famous for trade and exchange. It is Indias first Cotton Future Trading Exchange and was established in 1964. Home to a big textile and clothing market, Surendranagar specializes in saris. Vadwala Mandir of the Rabari community is situated in Surendranagar and attracts many visitors of the community on important days of rituals and ceremonies.
Bank of Baroda (BoB) is a financial services company headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat, India and have its corporate office in Mumbai. It is ranked 1145 on Forbes Global 2000 list, as per 2017 data. The total assets of BOB are more than ? 3.58 trillion (making it Indias 2nd biggest bank by assets).It has 5538 branches in India and overseas, and 10441 ATMs as of July 2017. On 20 July 1908, The Bank of Baroda was found by the Maharaja of Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in Gujarat. It was nationalized on 19 July 1969, by the Government of India along with 13 other major commercial banks of India, and has been designated as a profit-making public sector undertaking. In 1910, BoB started its first branch in Ahmedabad. It went abroad for serving the Indian communities in Kenya and Uganda, then in 1953, by establishing a branch each in Mombasa and Kampala. The next year a second branch was opened in Nairobi, Kenya and in 1956 it opened an office in Tanzania at Dar-es-Salaam. Then in 1957, BoB took a giant step abroad by establishing a bank branch in London. In 1958, BoB acquired Hind Bank established in Calcutta in 1943, which became BoBs first domestic acquisition.