Madhyamgram is situated in the Barasat Sadar subdivision of the North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. It is a suburb of Kolkata, located around 20 kilometers away from the capital city. Madhyamgram was feudal provinces of Bengal under the Ruler of Jessore during the Mughal era. It got passed on to the British East India Company after the Battle of Plassey in 1757. The Labanyabati river would earlier flow through the area and support the agriculture and trade. Paddy was grown in Madhyamgram and exported via river navigation. The place was also known for its fine embroidery work done by the Muslim inhabitants and traded to rich buyers in Delhi and Mumbai. However, the wide channel of the Labanyabati river endured years of silt deposition and turned into a canal. Its name, through the colloquial transformation, got renamed to Noai. It is now a tiny stream and people call it the Noai Canal. There are many textile mills and rubber factories in Madhyamgram which boosts the economy of the city. There are nearly two lakh residents in Madhyamgram and they speak in Bengali. The town has two graduate colleges- Acharya Prafulla Chandra College and Vivekananda College. Most of its residents travel to nearby cities or the metro city of Kolkata for work or education. The city is very well connected to nearby areas via railway and roads.
Bank of Baroda (BoB) is a financial services company headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat, India and have its corporate office in Mumbai. It is ranked 1145 on Forbes Global 2000 list, as per 2017 data. The total assets of BOB are more than ? 3.58 trillion (making it Indias 2nd biggest bank by assets).It has 5538 branches in India and overseas, and 10441 ATMs as of July 2017. On 20 July 1908, The Bank of Baroda was found by the Maharaja of Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in Gujarat. It was nationalized on 19 July 1969, by the Government of India along with 13 other major commercial banks of India, and has been designated as a profit-making public sector undertaking. In 1910, BoB started its first branch in Ahmedabad. It went abroad for serving the Indian communities in Kenya and Uganda, then in 1953, by establishing a branch each in Mombasa and Kampala. The next year a second branch was opened in Nairobi, Kenya and in 1956 it opened an office in Tanzania at Dar-es-Salaam. Then in 1957, BoB took a giant step abroad by establishing a bank branch in London. In 1958, BoB acquired Hind Bank established in Calcutta in 1943, which became BoBs first domestic acquisition.