Karaikudi is situated in the Sivaganga district of Tamil Nadu. It is a greater municipality and the states 20th largest urban agglomeration. It is part of the Chettinad area and has been declared a heritage town by the State Government of Tamil Nadu. Karaikudi is known for its palatial houses that are built with limestone called Karai Veedu. Karaikudi has derived its name from the thorny plant called Karai. It has been referred to in the ancient literature as Kareekudi. The name gradually got modified and modernized into Karaikudi. It was established in the 19th century. The oldest known structure in the area is the Koppudaiya Nayagi Amman Temple. The town of Karaikudi is home to the Nagarathars and the Chettiars who form the business community, the financiers and the trade facilitators. Karaikudi is a rapidly developing urban center. UNESCO has proposed to set up a Chettinad Heritage Museum in the area, recognizing the unique architectural style of the region. Karaikudi is known for its palm leaf baskets woven by the women, known as Chettinad Kottan. Chettinadu Kandangi sarees of Karaikudi are widely popular in the region. The handicraft industry in Karaikudi is indeed a thriving business. Karaikudi is also known for its delectable cuisine. There are many prominent temples in the area that attract tourists. Kundrakudi Shanmuganathan Temple, Ariyakudi Thiruvengamudayan Temple, Pillayarpatti Karpagavinayagar temple, Thirumayam Permual Temple, Kannadasan Mandapam, Kamban Manimandapam, Chettinad Raja Palace and Thousand windows house are the visitor attractions in Karaikudi
Bank of Baroda (BoB) is a financial services company headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat, India and have its corporate office in Mumbai. It is ranked 1145 on Forbes Global 2000 list, as per 2017 data. The total assets of BOB are more than ? 3.58 trillion (making it Indias 2nd biggest bank by assets).It has 5538 branches in India and overseas, and 10441 ATMs as of July 2017. On 20 July 1908, The Bank of Baroda was found by the Maharaja of Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in Gujarat. It was nationalized on 19 July 1969, by the Government of India along with 13 other major commercial banks of India, and has been designated as a profit-making public sector undertaking. In 1910, BoB started its first branch in Ahmedabad. It went abroad for serving the Indian communities in Kenya and Uganda, then in 1953, by establishing a branch each in Mombasa and Kampala. The next year a second branch was opened in Nairobi, Kenya and in 1956 it opened an office in Tanzania at Dar-es-Salaam. Then in 1957, BoB took a giant step abroad by establishing a bank branch in London. In 1958, BoB acquired Hind Bank established in Calcutta in 1943, which became BoBs first domestic acquisition.