Bhimavaram is situated in the West Godavari district of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The administrative headquarter of the Bhimavaram Mandal in the Narasapuram revenue division is situated at Bhimavaram. The city has around 1.5 lakh residents who speak in Telugu. Bhimavaram was under the reign of the Chola dynasty, proven by many stone inscriptions found in the town from this era. The name Bhimavaram literally translates to "the gift of Bhima". Legend says that a king named Chalukya Bheema had built a Siva temple in the 1st century which led to the foundation of this town. It was earlier called "Bhimapuram", which gradually changed to "Bhimavaram." This town is in the epicenter of the fertile Godavari delta region, which makes it a principal trade center of paddy. Agriculture-based businesses thrive in the area. Food processing, aquaculture, rice mills, etc., are the main sources of economic growth of the town. Bhimavaram is the regional center for higher education as well as specialized health services. Bhimavaram is recognized for the Gunupudi Someswara temple. Built during the 3rd century AD, this temple is one of the five holy Pancharamas. The Shiva lingam idol in this temple is known for changing its color. As per the lunar calendar, it turns black during the new moon and white during the full moon. It is a place of major tourist attraction.
Bank of Baroda (BoB) is a financial services company headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat, India and have its corporate office in Mumbai. It is ranked 1145 on Forbes Global 2000 list, as per 2017 data. The total assets of BOB are more than ? 3.58 trillion (making it Indias 2nd biggest bank by assets).It has 5538 branches in India and overseas, and 10441 ATMs as of July 2017. On 20 July 1908, The Bank of Baroda was found by the Maharaja of Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in Gujarat. It was nationalized on 19 July 1969, by the Government of India along with 13 other major commercial banks of India, and has been designated as a profit-making public sector undertaking. In 1910, BoB started its first branch in Ahmedabad. It went abroad for serving the Indian communities in Kenya and Uganda, then in 1953, by establishing a branch each in Mombasa and Kampala. The next year a second branch was opened in Nairobi, Kenya and in 1956 it opened an office in Tanzania at Dar-es-Salaam. Then in 1957, BoB took a giant step abroad by establishing a bank branch in London. In 1958, BoB acquired Hind Bank established in Calcutta in 1943, which became BoBs first domestic acquisition.