Anand is the administrative center of the eponymous district in the Indian state of Gujarat. It is situated in the Charotar region which consists of the Anand and Kheda Districts. This city is popularly known as the Milk Capital of India as it was the seat of the milk revolution started by Verghese Kurien who established the first plant of AMUL at Anand in 1946. The Head Office of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd is located in Anand. There are many other reputed organizations based in this area such as NDDB of India, Vidya Dairy, the Institute of Rural Management Anand and the Anand Agricultural University. Vallabh Vidhyanagar, an educational suburb of Anand, is home to thousands of students from all over India. The vibrant economy of the Anand ranges from farming to large-scale industries. Major crops that are grown in the area are tobacco and banana. Dairy farming is the leading source of economy in Anand. Vitthal Udhyog Nagar, a huge industrial belt located on the outskirts of Anand, has many famous industries such as Elecon Engineering, Vulcan Industrial Engineering Co. Ltd, The Charotar Iron Factory, Milcent and Atlanta Electrics and Warm Steam, etc. Three thriving vegetable markets have developed in this city. Anand houses around 3 lakh residents who speak mainly in Gujarati and also in Hindi.
Bank of Baroda (BoB) is a financial services company headquartered in Vadodara, Gujarat, India and have its corporate office in Mumbai. It is ranked 1145 on Forbes Global 2000 list, as per 2017 data. The total assets of BOB are more than ? 3.58 trillion (making it Indias 2nd biggest bank by assets).It has 5538 branches in India and overseas, and 10441 ATMs as of July 2017. On 20 July 1908, The Bank of Baroda was found by the Maharaja of Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in Gujarat. It was nationalized on 19 July 1969, by the Government of India along with 13 other major commercial banks of India, and has been designated as a profit-making public sector undertaking. In 1910, BoB started its first branch in Ahmedabad. It went abroad for serving the Indian communities in Kenya and Uganda, then in 1953, by establishing a branch each in Mombasa and Kampala. The next year a second branch was opened in Nairobi, Kenya and in 1956 it opened an office in Tanzania at Dar-es-Salaam. Then in 1957, BoB took a giant step abroad by establishing a bank branch in London. In 1958, BoB acquired Hind Bank established in Calcutta in 1943, which became BoBs first domestic acquisition.