Tadepalligudem, also known as TPG, is located in West Godavari in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It has a municipality and the headquarters of Tadepalligudem is situated in the Elluru division. The demographics of the city is fascinating with the sex-ratio at 1022 females per 1000 males. The population constitutes of 51,378 males and 52,528 females and the total population adds up to 103,906. One of the striking features of this city is the high literacy rate, 83.10% much higher than the national literacy rate of 73%. It is not surprising that the city has a large number of schools and colleges. The towns and cities surrounding Tadepalligudem include Bhimadalu, Dabacherla, Madhavaram etc. The historical significance of Tadepalligudem in World War 2 cannot be overstated. It was a military base for the East India Company and the Britishers constructed an airport in the city for sending military off to the War. However, the airport has not been modified for commercial use, once it is renovated suited for commercial purposes, the trade and commerce in the city can also improve. Tadepalligudem is famous for its jaggery market and rice cultivation. While Maharashtra has the tag of the largest producer of jaggery, Tadipalligudam is considered as the chief producer of jaggery. Tadepalligudem has the largest rice mill in the entire district. Along with rice mills, food, fat and fertilizer industries are also moderately successful in this region. Transportation is a big industry in this town, with more than 6000 transport vehicles, the transport industry of Tadepalligudem is comparable to the coastal capital of Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada.
TMB, a private sector bank established in 1921 as Nadar bank, later the name changed to Tamilnad Mercantile Bank in November 1962. The head office of the Tamilnad Bank is at Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu. The primary objective of founding TMB was to serve the Nadar business community, and the idea was proposed at the annual meeting of Nadar Mahajani Sangam at Tuticorin in 1920. AMMS Chinnamani Nadar found the other founding members of the bank and played a significant role in its formation in 1921. Outside Tamil Nadu, the bank opened its first branch in Bangalore in 1976. The bank had only four offices by 1947: Sivakasi, Tuticorin, Madurai, Virudhunagar. On 9 December 1984, the bank opened its first computerized branch in Tuticorin at WGC road. In 1983, the bank started using modern technologies and was the first to adopt computerization for branch level operations. All the 500 branches of the bank are connected using Infosys FINACLE software. For providing payment gateway services to its internet banking customers, TMB has partnered with Pay U India, Bill Desk, CC Avenue, etc. It is the first bank to provide POS machines and mobile banking to its customers. For connecting Head office with regional offices, the bank has adopted video conferencing facility. For ATM operations, TMB is a member of National Financial Switch.