Gudivada is situated in the Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh. The city functions as the headquarter of the Gudivada revenue division and the Gudivada Mandal. Gudivada is a part of the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region, located in the Coastal Andhra region of the state. Gudivada has a population of more than 1 lakh residents who commonly use the Telugu language. Gudivada has derived its name from the words Gudi which means Temple and Vada which means settlement or town in Telugu. As per some inscriptions, the town has been inhabited since the 3rd Century or 2nd Century BCE, since the time of the Sathavahanas. Archaeological excavations conducted at Gudivada found an ancient Buddhist stupa mound and several Jain relics. Hence, Gudivada is a religiously diversified town with numerous Hindu Temples and important Jain Tirth as well. The city is divided into 36 election wards for effective governance. There are six temples at Gudivada under the management of the Endowments Department - Sri Gowri Sankara Swamy Temple, Sri Bhimeswara Swamy Temple, Sri Veeranjaneya Swamy Temple, Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple, Sri Venkateswara Swamy Temple and Sri Vigneswara Swamy Temple. There are many government-run as well as private educational institutions in Gudivada. This town has a good network of roads and railway which connect it to all nearby areas.
TMB, a private sector bank established in 1921 as Nadar bank, later the name changed to Tamilnad Mercantile Bank in November 1962. The head office of the Tamilnad Bank is at Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu. The primary objective of founding TMB was to serve the Nadar business community, and the idea was proposed at the annual meeting of Nadar Mahajani Sangam at Tuticorin in 1920. AMMS Chinnamani Nadar found the other founding members of the bank and played a significant role in its formation in 1921. Outside Tamil Nadu, the bank opened its first branch in Bangalore in 1976. The bank had only four offices by 1947: Sivakasi, Tuticorin, Madurai, Virudhunagar. On 9 December 1984, the bank opened its first computerized branch in Tuticorin at WGC road. In 1983, the bank started using modern technologies and was the first to adopt computerization for branch level operations. All the 500 branches of the bank are connected using Infosys FINACLE software. For providing payment gateway services to its internet banking customers, TMB has partnered with Pay U India, Bill Desk, CC Avenue, etc. It is the first bank to provide POS machines and mobile banking to its customers. For connecting Head office with regional offices, the bank has adopted video conferencing facility. For ATM operations, TMB is a member of National Financial Switch.