Amaravati is the defacto or People's capital of Andhra Pradesh with a vision of increasing the overall prominence of the state, especially after the split from Telangana State. The authority entrusted with the development of Amaravati into one of the prominent capital state in the entire country is the Capital Region Development Authority (CRDA). The CRDA is responsible for bringing cutting-edge technology and high-end infrastructure to the city. A striking feature of the city is the Land Pooling Scheme adopted by the government. The Land Pooling Scheme is one of the most successful techniques for achieving development in infrastructure and better technological advancements. The Bricks Initiative started by the Government of Andhra Pradesh is an initiative to indulge common people of Andhra in the development process of the state. The city of Amaravati is built on the banks of the Krishna River and it is geographically located in the Guntur District. The city of Amaravati gets its name from the Amaravathi Kings who ruled ancient Amaravati 2200 years ago. Multiple empires have ruled Amaravati in the medieval period, the Mauryas, the Delhi Sultanate, the Telugu Cholas, Kakatiyas, the Empire of Golconda to name a few. France claimed it in the year 1750 and captured by England in 1759. The residents of Amaravati are predominantly Telugus with a minority of Hindi and Kannada speaking population spread across the city.
TMB, a private sector bank established in 1921 as Nadar bank, later the name changed to Tamilnad Mercantile Bank in November 1962. The head office of the Tamilnad Bank is at Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu. The primary objective of founding TMB was to serve the Nadar business community, and the idea was proposed at the annual meeting of Nadar Mahajani Sangam at Tuticorin in 1920. AMMS Chinnamani Nadar found the other founding members of the bank and played a significant role in its formation in 1921. Outside Tamil Nadu, the bank opened its first branch in Bangalore in 1976. The bank had only four offices by 1947: Sivakasi, Tuticorin, Madurai, Virudhunagar. On 9 December 1984, the bank opened its first computerized branch in Tuticorin at WGC road. In 1983, the bank started using modern technologies and was the first to adopt computerization for branch level operations. All the 500 branches of the bank are connected using Infosys FINACLE software. For providing payment gateway services to its internet banking customers, TMB has partnered with Pay U India, Bill Desk, CC Avenue, etc. It is the first bank to provide POS machines and mobile banking to its customers. For connecting Head office with regional offices, the bank has adopted video conferencing facility. For ATM operations, TMB is a member of National Financial Switch.