Kavali is situated in the Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh. It is a major municipal corporation in Andhra Pradesh and also the second largest city in the Nellore district. The city has around 1 lakh residents who mostly speak in Telugu. The name of this city was coined by Potuluri Veerabrahmendra Swami. It means patrol in the local language. This is because the Udayagiri king, Harihara Rayulu, had stationed his army at this town in 1515. Kavali is often referred to by the name "Kanakapatnam" which means "wealth will flow into this place." Kavali is a seaside town, located 8 kilometers away from the Bay of Bengal coastline. The National Highway 16 and the Kavali railway station on the Howrah-Chennai main line ensures a great connectivity to this city. Apart from the government-run and private educational institutions, the Visvodaya group has set up many schools and colleges at Kavali. This scenic city provides a pleasant environment to live in, away from the busy city life and traffic.
the State Bank of Travancore (SBT) was a premier Indian bank based in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The SBT was a sister concern of the State Bank Group, but it also had private shareholders. SBT was the leading bank of Kerala. It had a network of 1,157 branches and 1,602 ATMs across India, as of 31 March 2015. The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of combining SBT and four other associate banks with SBI, on 15 February 2017. On 31 March 2017, It finally merged with its parent SBI bank. It was founded on 12 September 1945 as the Travancore Bank Ltd, an initiative by Travancore Diwan C. P. Ramaswami Iyer. Due to widespread resentment against his dictatorial rule, the bank never gave him the credit of his role. Instead, Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma, the Maharaja of Travancore was considered as the founder of the bank, though the king had little to do with the founding of the SBT bank. Although the contribution of the Travancore government was 25% only in the bank capital, apart from its general banking business, the bank undertook government treasury work and foreign exchange business. Its head office was located at Thiruvananthapuram. It became a subordinate of State Bank of India under the SBI Subsidiary Banks Act, 1959, in 1960, enacted by the Parliament of India, and thus achieved the name state Bank of Travancore.Ms. Arundhatti Bhattacharya is the ex-officio chairman, and Mr. CR Sasikumar is the managing director of the SBT.