Jamalpur, a part of Munger-Jamalpur twin cities, is situated in the Indian state of Bihar. The name Jamalpur is an amalgam of two words - Jamal which means beautiful and pur which means town. True to its name, Jamalpur is indeed a beautiful town with a scenic landscape and peaceful environment. It is situated 8 kilometers from its twin city of Munger. There are more than 1 lakh residents in this city and they speak in a variety of languages such as Maithili, Hindi, Angika, Bhojpuri, Bengali and Urdu. Jamalpur is recognized for the Jamalpur Locomotive Workshop. It provides employment opportunities to more than 25000 people at its training institution known as The Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. The town, as well as the railway institute, was established in 1862 during the British Raj. Apart from the railway workshop, the economy of the city is also driven by a foundry, metallurgical lab facilities and machine tool facilities. "Kali Pahar" atop Jamalpur Hill, is a paleolithic site where quartzine from the Early and Middle Stone Ages was found.
the State Bank of Travancore (SBT) was a premier Indian bank based in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The SBT was a sister concern of the State Bank Group, but it also had private shareholders. SBT was the leading bank of Kerala. It had a network of 1,157 branches and 1,602 ATMs across India, as of 31 March 2015. The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of combining SBT and four other associate banks with SBI, on 15 February 2017. On 31 March 2017, It finally merged with its parent SBI bank. It was founded on 12 September 1945 as the Travancore Bank Ltd, an initiative by Travancore Diwan C. P. Ramaswami Iyer. Due to widespread resentment against his dictatorial rule, the bank never gave him the credit of his role. Instead, Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma, the Maharaja of Travancore was considered as the founder of the bank, though the king had little to do with the founding of the SBT bank. Although the contribution of the Travancore government was 25% only in the bank capital, apart from its general banking business, the bank undertook government treasury work and foreign exchange business. Its head office was located at Thiruvananthapuram. It became a subordinate of State Bank of India under the SBI Subsidiary Banks Act, 1959, in 1960, enacted by the Parliament of India, and thus achieved the name state Bank of Travancore.Ms. Arundhatti Bhattacharya is the ex-officio chairman, and Mr. CR Sasikumar is the managing director of the SBT.