Dharmavaram is situated in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. It functions as the divisional headquarter of the Dharmavaram revenue division and the Dharmavaram Mandal. The huge tank at Dharmavaram was built by Kriyasakthi Odeyar, whose mothers name was Dharmamba. The city has got its name there. Dharmavaram is known for cotton and silk weaving industries. The handloom silk sarees of Dharmavaram are popular all over South India. It is often called the silk City of Andhra Pradesh. The economy of the town is driven by the weaving industry. The major crop cultivated in this area is groundnut. Leather puppets are manufactured at Dharmavaram and the city is quite famous for it. Around 1.2 lakh residents live in Dharmavaram, who mostly speak in Telugu. Dharmavaram has adequate government schools to impart primary and secondary school education. It also has a few aided and private schools and colleges. The city has good connectivity in terms of roads and railway.
the State Bank of Travancore (SBT) was a premier Indian bank based in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The SBT was a sister concern of the State Bank Group, but it also had private shareholders. SBT was the leading bank of Kerala. It had a network of 1,157 branches and 1,602 ATMs across India, as of 31 March 2015. The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of combining SBT and four other associate banks with SBI, on 15 February 2017. On 31 March 2017, It finally merged with its parent SBI bank. It was founded on 12 September 1945 as the Travancore Bank Ltd, an initiative by Travancore Diwan C. P. Ramaswami Iyer. Due to widespread resentment against his dictatorial rule, the bank never gave him the credit of his role. Instead, Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma, the Maharaja of Travancore was considered as the founder of the bank, though the king had little to do with the founding of the SBT bank. Although the contribution of the Travancore government was 25% only in the bank capital, apart from its general banking business, the bank undertook government treasury work and foreign exchange business. Its head office was located at Thiruvananthapuram. It became a subordinate of State Bank of India under the SBI Subsidiary Banks Act, 1959, in 1960, enacted by the Parliament of India, and thus achieved the name state Bank of Travancore.Ms. Arundhatti Bhattacharya is the ex-officio chairman, and Mr. CR Sasikumar is the managing director of the SBT.