The city of Alwar in the Indian state of Rajasthan is located within Indias National Capital Region. It functions as the administrative headquarters of the eponymous district in Rajasthan. It was formerly known as Ulwar. The city is a hub of tourism as it has several forts, lakes, heritage havelis as well as nature reserves in and around the city. Alwar houses Rajasthans very first private engineering college called the Institute of Engineering and Technology. The city is fairly rich in minerals. Traces of marble, granite, feldspar, dolomite, quartz, limestone, soapstone, barites, copper clay, copper ore and pyrophyllite are found in and around the city. Tourism fuels the economy of Alwar as the city is home to exotic locations of tourist interest. The Bhangarh Fort and the Sariska Tiger Reserve are major tourist attractions. Fairy Queen, Bala Qila, City Palace, Moosi Maharani ki Chhatri, Ashokas Buddhist stupa, Hill Fort Kesroli, etc are other dynamic places that attract tourists to Alwar.
the State Bank of Travancore (SBT) was a premier Indian bank based in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The SBT was a sister concern of the State Bank Group, but it also had private shareholders. SBT was the leading bank of Kerala. It had a network of 1,157 branches and 1,602 ATMs across India, as of 31 March 2015. The Union Cabinet approved the proposal of combining SBT and four other associate banks with SBI, on 15 February 2017. On 31 March 2017, It finally merged with its parent SBI bank. It was founded on 12 September 1945 as the Travancore Bank Ltd, an initiative by Travancore Diwan C. P. Ramaswami Iyer. Due to widespread resentment against his dictatorial rule, the bank never gave him the credit of his role. Instead, Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma, the Maharaja of Travancore was considered as the founder of the bank, though the king had little to do with the founding of the SBT bank. Although the contribution of the Travancore government was 25% only in the bank capital, apart from its general banking business, the bank undertook government treasury work and foreign exchange business. Its head office was located at Thiruvananthapuram. It became a subordinate of State Bank of India under the SBI Subsidiary Banks Act, 1959, in 1960, enacted by the Parliament of India, and thus achieved the name state Bank of Travancore.Ms. Arundhatti Bhattacharya is the ex-officio chairman, and Mr. CR Sasikumar is the managing director of the SBT.