Tadepalligudem, also known as TPG, is located in West Godavari in the state of Andhra Pradesh. It has a municipality and the headquarters of Tadepalligudem is situated in the Elluru division. The demographics of the city is fascinating with the sex-ratio at 1022 females per 1000 males. The population constitutes of 51,378 males and 52,528 females and the total population adds up to 103,906. One of the striking features of this city is the high literacy rate, 83.10% much higher than the national literacy rate of 73%. It is not surprising that the city has a large number of schools and colleges. The towns and cities surrounding Tadepalligudem include Bhimadalu, Dabacherla, Madhavaram etc. The historical significance of Tadepalligudem in World War 2 cannot be overstated. It was a military base for the East India Company and the Britishers constructed an airport in the city for sending military off to the War. However, the airport has not been modified for commercial use, once it is renovated suited for commercial purposes, the trade and commerce in the city can also improve. Tadepalligudem is famous for its jaggery market and rice cultivation. While Maharashtra has the tag of the largest producer of jaggery, Tadipalligudam is considered as the chief producer of jaggery. Tadepalligudem has the largest rice mill in the entire district. Along with rice mills, food, fat and fertilizer industries are also moderately successful in this region. Transportation is a big industry in this town, with more than 6000 transport vehicles, the transport industry of Tadepalligudem is comparable to the coastal capital of Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada.
Punjab National Bank is a financial services company and a state-owned headquartered in New Delhi, India. In 1894, the PNB was found. The bank had over 80 million customers, 6,937 branches, and 10681 ATMs across 764 cities as of 31 March 2017. Outside India, the bank has a subsidiary in the UK as well as in Hong Kong, Kowloon, Dubai, and Kabul. On 19 May 1894, the PNB was incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, with its office in Anarkali Bazaar, Lahore. The founding board from different parts of India established the bank with the common objective of creating a truly national bank which would further support the economic interest of the country. The founders of PNB included many leaders of the Swadeshi movement such as Kali Prasanna Roy, E. C. Jessawala, Prabhu Dayal, Dyal Singh Majithia and Lala Harkishen Lal, Lala Lalchand, Bakshi Jaishi Ram, and Lala Dholan Dass. The Lala Lajpat Rai was actively associated with the management of the Bank in the initial years. The board of PNB first met on 23 May 1894. On 12 April 1895, the bank began its business in Lahore. In 1900, the PNB opened its first branch outside Lahore.