The city of Tiruppur is situated in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is the states fifth largest. Thiruppur lies on the banks of the River Noyyal and serves as the administrative headquarters of the Tiruppur district. The city is also familiar to many as the "Knit Wear Capital of India" or as "Textile City." Tiruppur was a major part of a trade route and was much coveted by various ruling dynasties in India during the medieval period. The city is a manufacturing hub for textiles, knitwear, bleaching and dyes. The economy of the city is flourishing on textiles. There are small industries manufacturing commodities for MNCs like Nike, Walmart, Adidas, Diesel, Tommy Hilfiger, etc. The educational necessities of students in Tiruppur are taken care of by renowned institutions like Tamil Nadu School Of Architecture, Alagappa University, Bharathiar University, A.S Educational Institute, Bharathiyar University, School Of Distance Education, etc. Tiruppur is an ancient city and hosts many monuments of cultural, religious as well as historical significance. A few areas of tourist interest in and around Tiruppur are Avinashi Temple, Thirumoorthy Dam, Tirupur Kumaran Memorial Statue, Amaravathi Crocodile Farm, Orathuppalayam Dam, Ayyan Kovil, etc.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.