Tadipatri is a town in the Anantapur district of Andhra Pradesh. It is also known by the name of Tadpatri. Tadipatri city functions as the headquarter of the Tadipatri Mandal in the Anantapur revenue division. The Tadipatri municipality is a first-grade municipality which was constituted in the year 1920. It is divided into 34 wards for effective administration. The city is located at the border of Kadapa and Kurnool district. The ancient and world-famous Chintala Venkataramana Temple which sprawls over a five-acre area is located in Tadipatri. The Penna river flows through the city. The Bugga Ramalingeswara Temple, located within one kilometer from Tadipatri, is known for its Shiva Lingam which seated on a pedestal that is filled with water at all times from a small spring. These temples bring a lot of devotees and tourists to Tadipatri from the neighboring areas. Tadipatri has cement grade limestone deposits. These limestone reserves largely contribute the economy of the city. Tadipatri has a treasure-house of beautiful ancient sculptures from the Vijayanagara empire.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.