saharanpur is a city as well as a Municipal Corporation in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It is located near the borders of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. It functions as the administrative headquarters of both the Saharanpur District and the Saharanpur Division. The city of Saharanpur emerged in a region that was named after a Sufi Saint called Shah Haroon Chishti. The foundations of the present-day city of Saharanpur is laid on the site of an army cantonment by its founder Sah Ranbirsingh, who was a Jain nobleman. The city boasts of the long historic past, ruled by several dynasties like the Delhi Sultanate, the Mughals, the Sayyids, the Rohillas and the Marathas. The British Government provided many infrastructural upliftments to the city and built the citys famous Botanical Garden, also known as Company Garden. Saharanpur is surrounded by an extremely fertile agricultural region which abundantly produces grains and fruits. The city is also famous for its wood carving cottage industry. It has a thriving market for local agricultural produce like basmati rice and mangoes. A wide variety of industrial enterprises are operational in Saharanpur. Textiles, sugar, paper and cigarette factories serve as a major source of employment to the people of the city.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.