The Indian city of Ratlam is located in the Malwa region in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The city was created soon after the Indian independence and it functions as the administrative headquarters of the Ratlam district. The city was founded by a descendant of Raja Udai Singh of Jodhpur, in the year 1652. Ratlam is known for its love of food - especially the world-famous salty snack called the Ratlami Sev. The city is also known for its purity of gold jewelry and its saree market. The Ratlami Sev is exported to foreign countries including the US and the Gulf. These three considerably contribute to the citys economic growth. Ratlam also has several industries manufacturing copper wire, plastic ropes, artificial oxygen and chemicals. The city also has a thriving market for traditional Rajasthani as well as Gujarati handwork and kitchen wares. Ratlam has quite a few good schools and colleges, but the government is establishing more educational institutions to offer a variety of courses to the young talents of Ratlam. The most famous Jain pilgrimages - Shri Nageshwar Parshwanath Tirth and Bibrod Tirth are located in Ratlam. The city also has other places of tourist attraction such as Kalika Mata Temple, Isarthuni, Bilpank Mahadev Temple, Satrunda Mataji Temple, Kedareshwar Temple, Cactus Garden, Hussain Tekri, etc.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.