Ramagundam is the most populous city in the Peddapalli district of the Indian state of Telangana. The city obtains its name from the combination of two words - Rama refers to the Hindu God, Lord Rama; Gundam means "water springs." Located on the banks of the Godavari, the city is often called the city of energy. The city hosts around 2.3 lakh residents who mostly speak in Telugu and are employed in the various industrial sectors present in the area. Roads, railway and a local airport ensure a great connectivity to this city. Ramagundam is situated in the Godavari valley coalfields. It has one of Indias largest thermal power stations owned by NTPC. Some of the industries that have flourished in the area are Fertilizer Corporation of India, Kesoram Cement, National Fertilizers Limited, TSGENCO thermal power station, Engineers India Limited, Kesoram (Birla) cement factories, etc. The NTPC plan at Ramagundam is undergoing dynamic upgrades which would help in earning carbon credits against the use of solar power as a renewable energy source. Additionally, an irrigation project called Sripada Yellampalli project, and the very first Solar Power Plant are being set up at Ramagundam
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.