Rajkot is the fourth largest urban agglomeration situated in the West Indian state of Gujarat. The Aji River and Nyari River flow alongside this city. Rajkot functions as the administrative headquarters of the Rajkot District. It has a distinguished place in history for being the hometown of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. In the year 2013, Rajkot was recognized for being the city with the best law and order in the country. It also qualifies as one of the cleanest cities in India. The city is segregated into 29 wards that are led by elected representatives and counselors. The economy of Rajkot is chiefly based on small-scale industries with many manufacturing plants and units working on diesel engines, machine tools, kitchen knives and other cutting appliances, etc. Stock trading has gained popularity in Meerut since the 90s. Even the software sector is gradually picking up speed and striving to contribute to Rajkots economy and employment. The city is also well-known for art and jewelry design. There are many renowned educational institutions in this city. Tourists visiting Rajkot have various places to explore in the city. Shri Ramakrishna Ashrama, Rotary Dolls Museum, Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, ISKCON Rajkot, Sri Sri Radha Neelmadhav Dham, Aji Dam Garden, etc. are a few places worth visiting.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.