Mirzapur is an important city in Uttar Pradesh. It hosts more than two million residents. The Ganges meets with Vindhya Range in the vicinity of the city and thus accounts for the scenic locations. The city is encompassed by several hills and has many waterfalls and natural spots. It functions as the headquarter of the Mirzapur district. Mirzapur is known for its carpets and brassware industries which are manufactured in the city and exported worldwide. These industries drive the economy of the city. The city was mostly built by the British and hosts plenty of memorials and architectural wonders from the colonial era. The clock tower in Mirzapur is highly significant as the longitude of Indian Standard Time at 82.5? passes through it and the Indian Standard Time is calculated from here. Mirzapur is known for the holy shrine of Vindhyachal, Ashtbhuja and Kali Khoh. It hosts the famous Devrahwa Baba ashram.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.