Mango is a suburb of Jamshedpur. The Subarnarekha River separates Mango from Jamshedpur and the two are connected via three parallel bridges. It is a huge region that is rapidly growing into a residential area. The region was once a little backward town but is now a thriving suburb and real estate hotbed. Although Mango is a part of the main city Jamshedpur, it has been given the status of a city by the government. It is a notified area that is run by a notified area committee known as the Mango Notified Area Committee. The state-run electricity board, JSEB, provides the electricity services to Mango. The doesnt yet have any household water delivery system at the moment. The city has recently made a deal with JUSCO who will provide tap water services to the area. Mango is primarily a residential area. It is now witnessing an immense real estate boom as many developers are building residential colonies in the area. There are two hospitals at Mango to assist the residents during medical emergencies. The MGM Hospital has a medical college associated with it. A few colleges have also been set up in the region. The city is undergoing rapid and vast development. The city has around 3 lakh residents who are mostly employed in the various industrial and service sectors in the adjoining Jamshedpur city.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.