Khandwa is a city in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh. It is a Nagar Nigam in the Nimar region of the state. It also functions as the administrative headquarter of the Khandwa District. An ancient city, Khandwa has many places of worship for Hindus and Jains. The city used to be a center of Jainism during the 12th century. During the British era, Khandwa became the main commercial center of the Nimar region. Khandwa is known for the cultivation of local crops such as cotton, wheat and soybean along with an assortment of seasonal vegetables and fruits. The city grows a special variety of wheat known as Khandwa2, which is famous all over the country for its aroma, color and quality. A hydropower project by the name of Indira Sagar Pariyojna is located in the vicinity of Khandwa. A few other industries in the region include Nepa paper mills, Mansingka oil mills and Nimar textiles. The four Kunds, namely Padam Kund, Suraj Kund, Bheem Kund and Rameshwar Kund, located in four corners of the city, adds to the fame of the city. The famous tourist places in Khandwa are Dada Darbar Khandwa, Turja Bhavani Temple and Nagchun Talab. Hanumantiya Island at Khandwa is a an adventurous place for water sports in the backwaters of Indira Sagar Dam.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.