Jalgaon is a small and developing city in western India, located in the state of Maharashtra. It is also known as Khandesh and the Girna River flows through the city. Jalgaon serves as the administrative headquarters of the Jalgaon district with almost half a million residents and a separate a municipal corporation. This city is known for its banana cultivation as it produces more than 16% of the countrys bananas, which adds up to 3% of the worlds total banana production. There are a few prestigious academic institutions in Jalgaon. The North Maharashtra University established in August 1989, the Government Polytechnic Jalgaon established in 1960 and the Government College of Engineering established in 1996 ensure a sound education to the young minds of this city. Tourism fairly contributes to the citys economy as there are plentiful temples in and around Jalgaon that attract a lot of Hindu devotees. Apart from the temples, the Gandhi Teerth Museum and the Mehrun Lake are popular places of tourist attraction.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.