Hajipur is the largest city in the Vaishali district of Bihar. It is located in the Tirhut Division and functions as the district headquarters. This city is closely following Patna in terms of rapid development. Hajipur has a total population of nearly 4.5 lakh. It is a leading city in Bihar in terms of growth. Hajipur falls within the territorial boundaries of the Patna Regional Development Authority area. It is linked to Patna via Mahatma Gandhi Setu which is one of the longest bridges in the country, stretching over nearly 6 kilometers. The town was founded by Haji Ilyas Shah, a King of Bengal, and the town has been named after him. The economy of Hajipur is service-orientated as 55% of the total population is employed in the service sector. Hajipur also has a minor industrial sector and an agricultural base. The city is known for its banana cultivation. The industrial area at Hajipur houses brands of FMCG and agro-based companies such as Pepsico, Britaniya, HUL, Godrej, Anmol, Bansal, etc. The various places of interest in and around the city include the Ramchaura Mandir, Kaun Haara Ghat, Nepali Mandir, Pataleshwar Mandir, Bateshwar Nath Temple, Sonepur Cattle Fair, Vaishali Mahotsava, Baithakji Hajipur, etc.
The government of India owns the Canara Bank as one of the largest and oldest public sector banks. The headquarter of the bank is in Bengaluru. It had a network of 6639 branches and more than 10600 ATMs all over India, as of 30 October 2017. The bank also has offices outside India in Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Doha, London,Bahrain, Dubai, Tanzania,South Africa, and New York. On 1 July 1906, the Canara Hindu Permanent Fund in Mangalore, India, was initiated by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai. The fund name was changed to Canara Bank Limited in 1910 when it was incorporated. In 1958, Canara Bank was permitted by the Reserve Bank of India to acquire G. Raghumathmul Bank of Hyderabad. G. Raghumathmul Bank had five branches at the time of the acquisition. The merger took effect in 1961. Canara Bank acquired Trivandrum Permanent Bank, later in 1961. Along with 13 other prominent commercial banks of India, on 19 July 1969, the Government of India nationalized Canara Bank. Canara Bank inaugurated its 1000th branch in 1976. In 1985, Canara Bank acquired Lakshmi Commercial Bank in a rescue. Due to these acquisitions, Canara Bank got some 230 branches in northern India.